assume the market rate on january 1 2011 is 4 instead of 8 without providing numbers 648101
Patton issues $650,000 of 5%, four year bonds dated January 1, 2011, that pay interest semiannually on
June 30 and December 31. They are issued at $584,361 and their market rate is 8% at the issue date.
1. Prepare the January 1, 2011, journal entry to record the bonds’ issuance.
2. Determine the total bond interest expense to be recognized over the bonds’ life.
3. Prepare a straight line amortization table like the one in Exhibit 14.7 for the bonds’ first two years.
4. Prepare the journal entries to record the first two interest payments.
5. Assume the market rate on January 1, 2011, is 4% instead of 8%. Without providing numbers, describe how this change affects the amounts reported on Patton’s financial statements.